Diamonds are one of the most beautiful and durable stones. Plus, they are closely associated with a number of milestones in the life of most people such as birthdays, wedding proposals, wedding, anniversaries, the birth of the first child, etc. Mostly, these outstanding stones are used in elegant engagement rings. However, colored gemstones such as rubies, sapphires, emeralds, etc., are also popular amongst engagement ring sets. Plus, these rings are relatively affordable and equally appealing as that of diamond rings. Hence, it is quite natural for the buyers to get confused when it comes to choosing a diamond or gemstone engagement ring. If you are also going through such a dilemma, you may go through the points given below.
Diamond Engagement Rings
- Diamonds are extremely rare and unique. The inimitable sparkle offered by diamonds is sure to lift up the overall luxury quotient of your engagement ceremony. Plus, diamonds symbolizes eternity, and hence, it is a perfect option to symbolize the union of two people.
- Diamonds are the hardest and durable material on the earth. Note that most women are likely to wear their engagement rings for the rest of their life. Hence, diamonds will be a great choice to stand everyday wear and tear.
- Diamonds are available in a number of colors making them a versatile option. You may simply choose a diamond that complements your skin tone, personality, and style.
- Diamonds are highly expensive when compared to other diamonds. Note that the diamonds tend to get costlier as you go up the scale when it comes to its size and other qualities.
- Diamond engagement rings are in the field for several centuries and are now considered as a traditional and clichéd option. Hence, such rings will not be a great option to define a millennial bride or couple.
Gemstone Engagement Rings
- Gemstone engagement rings are rare and unique. Hence, it is a perfect option if you love to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
- Gemstones are available in different colors and each stone has its own unique character. For instance, emerald engagement rings symbolize love, purity, love, hope, goodness, etc.
- Unlike diamonds, gemstones are regarded as trendy and outstanding options these days. Small wonder that most millennial couples love to flaunt gemstone engagement rings.
- Even though many gemstones are soft, brittle, and delicate for everyday use, superior options such as rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are perfect to stand the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Gemstones are cheaper when compared to diamonds.
- Some gemstones possess weak mineral structure and hence, will not be a suitable option for engagement rings.
- Even though there are numerous gemstones available, the only options that you may stick on to when it comes to elegant engagement rings are rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and rarely, topaz.
- Every gemstone will not be suitable to define the character and style of every couple.